Chairperson: Steve Henry / Tom Jenkins
Vocational Service encourages Rotarians to serve others through their vocations and to practice high ethical standards.
Plans for 2015-2016
- Conduct member classification talks as part of our weekly program through out the year.
- Have members with waiting rooms place copies of Rotarian magazine and the year in pictures if available.
- Job shadow program with Interact students during the year.
- Special luncheon offering educational program on Business with Chamber of Commerce.
- Special vocational service emphasis each week during Vocational Service Month in January.
- Provide college scholarships for Dearborn Heights students.
- Find and implement one new vocational service project this year.
- Encourage members to offer volunteer vocational service to the community.
- Distribute 4 Way Test pocket cards to members for their distribution
The Four-Way Test
The test, which has been translated into more than 100 languages, asks the following questions:
Of the things we think, say or do
- Is it the TRUTH?
- Is it FAIR to all concerned?
- Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
- Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?